For Callie, successfully conserving agricultural land with issues of racial equity and environmental sustainability in mind took a lot of time and plenty of careful planning. After inheriting the land in 2015, Callie enrolled in classes at the local college and attended conferences on biological farming in search of farmers who shared her vision. Callie found a number of farmers who were interested in working the land, but only one couple was able to make a long-term commitment. Finally, after years of looking for a good fit, Callie and her husband found the Agrarian Commons model.
- Living by Our Principles in 2024 and Beyond
- Farmland for Farmers Act: A Conversation with Fran Miller
- Changemaker Profile: Renard Turner and the Central Virginia Agrarian Commons
- Generalizing Ostrom’s Core Design Principles and Putting Them to Use: An Interactive “Practitioner Webinar” for IASC Members & their colleagues
- Celebrating Okra Fest 2023: A Conversation with Cam Terry