The Bhoodan movement serves as an example of the limitations of land-gifting, as well as its immense potential. On the one hand, land donations should be considered as one part of what should be a multifaceted approach, and cannot fully replace a concerted effort to influence policy and decentralize land holdings and power dynamics. On the other hand, the role of land donors should not be underestimated. Bhave and the Bhoodan movement showed that landowners are willing to make serious sacrifices in the name of a deeply moral cause.
- Living by Our Principles in 2024 and Beyond
- Farmland for Farmers Act: A Conversation with Fran Miller
- Changemaker Profile: Renard Turner and the Central Virginia Agrarian Commons
- Generalizing Ostrom’s Core Design Principles and Putting Them to Use: An Interactive “Practitioner Webinar” for IASC Members & their colleagues
- Celebrating Okra Fest 2023: A Conversation with Cam Terry